First, let’s see what tools you need to perform a DIY Nexus 6P Screen Replacement. Warning: You are performing this repair at your own risk. We claim no responsibility for any damages that might occur.
DIY Nexus 6P Screen Replacement – Tools you need
To perform this DIY repair, you will need
Plastic triangle opening tool
SIM card ejection tool
Fine tip curved tweezers
Precision knife set
Premium 2 millimeter red adhesive roll
Multipurpose heat gun
Professional Phillips screwdriver
The 9 step process for your Nexus 6P Screen Replacement
Switch off your Nexus 6p smartphone
Eject the Nexus 6p Nano SIM card tray
- Apply heat to the plastic panel located at the bottom of your Google phone.
- Insert the precision knife underneath the plastic panel and make enough space to fit a playing card
- Work the playing card under the plastic panel and remove it from the Nexus 6p and then apply additional heat
- Now turn your attention to the tight-fitting glass panel at the top of the Google phone. Apply heat and then with the precision knife make enough space to fit a playing card
- Carefully slide the playing card under the glass panel and peel it off. Apply additional heat if needed
- With the fine tip curved tweezers, remove the two tamper-evident seals
- Remove the following six Phillips screws on both sides of your Google phone
- Use the precision knife to make space and insert a plastic triangle opening tool
- Use the triangle opening tool to release the clips and pop the Nexus 6p out of its rear enclosure.
- Remove the following Phillips screw and then the metal bracket
- Disconnect and remove the daughterboard interconnect cable
- Detach the battery connector from the motherboard
- The Nexus 6p 3.8 – volt 13.1 8 watt hour lithium poly cell battery is fiercely glued in. Use a combination of the triangle opening tool and the playing card to slice through the adhesive holding it down, and remove the super-sized Nexus 6p battery
- Disconnect the signal cable from the USBC daughterboard.
- Remove the following Phillips screws securing the Nexus 6p USB seaboard in place.
- Use the spudger to pry up and remove the USB seaboard from the Google phone
- Remove the falling Phillips screw
- Use the tweezers to peel up the spring contacts and remove the Nexus 6p loudspeaker from the phone
- Remove the following 3 Phillips screws and then the metal bracket
- With the tweezers detach the signal cable from the Nexus 6p motherboard, disconnect the Nexus 6p display assembly cable
- Remove the following 2 Phillips screws securing the motherboard in place
- With the tweezers, disconnect the signal cable and remove the metal bracket
- The Nexus 6p motherboard is held in place with a gob of thermal paste
- With the spudger carefully pry it up and remove it from the phone
Use the spudger to pry up and remove the Nexus 6p earpiece speaker
- Use the heat gun to warm up the adhesive, securing the Huawei Nexus 6p display assembly to the front frame
- With the precision knife, create separation and insert a playing card to start slicing through the adhesive
- Take your time and apply additional heat as needed
- Once you have sliced through the adhesive, be mindful of the ribbon cable when separating the display assembly from the frame
To assemble your device, simply follow the steps in reverse order. Need your phone repaired from a certified professional? Call us at (905)-412-2172 and we’ll take it from there.